What should I do before I go abroad?

8 Aug by Administrator

What should I do before I go abroad?

The best way to enjoy a safe trip is to prepare in advance. Whatever your reason for traveling abroad, it is important to be well prepared to avoid problems and even emergency situations.
Being informed when traveling means moving safely. Here we offer you useful information about each stay abroad. In addition to consulting specific travel recommendations for the country or countries of destination, you should also consider the following general recommendations:

General recommendations

Read the travel recommendations. This is the main source of information about the country or countries that you visit. For each recommendation you will find up-to-date information on the conditions of entry into the country, necessary travel documents and visas, security conditions, health conditions, vaccinations, currency exchange and rooms. important phone numbers. It is also desirable to obtain full information about the country of destination, as well as its customs and local legislation.

Consult the health and vaccination situation in the country on the website of the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality. Take enough money. It is recommended that you always have enough money on trips to cope with unforeseen situations, ideally by combining different payment methods. You should check whether you can use credit cards in the country of destination.

Documentation: passport, visa, international driving license
Prepare the necessary documents: identity card, passport and visa.

The basic travel documents are the passport. This time you can travel with your ID card in some countries.

In addition to your travel documents, many countries require a visa. Check it out in the travel recommendations. To obtain a visa, you must consult the consulate or consulate of the embassy of the country of destination or countries accredited in Spain. You must take into account that additional documents may be required to process a visa and that the time limit for issuing a visa is set by each country. Therefore, you must apply for a visa in advance.

Although all your documents are in order, including a visa, entry to a foreign country is not a right, and therefore you may be refused entry to the country.

If you want to go abroad, you will need specific documentation and insurance. Read the travel recommendations and the link to the virtual traffic service, which can be found in the links on the right.

Registration of travelers
Give your family member or friend information about the trip you will take, including the dates and places where you will spend the night, and register with the traveler’s register.

Health insurance and travel
Many people regret that they do not have medical insurance before traveling in situations where they have to deal with a medical emergency abroad. Since hospitalization and treatment in most countries must be paid by the patient and can be very expensive, it is strongly recommended that comprehensive medical insurance be provided in case of illness or accident during the trip, including illness. evacuation to a medical aircraft.

For example, the transfer of a sick patient to an American medical aircraft costs about 50,000 euros. A return flight to Spain for a patient on a stretcher, accompanied by a doctor costs about 20,000 euros.

If you have visited several countries during the trip, make sure that the insurance policy covers all these countries, including stops and short breaks.

Confirm that the insurance policy covers activities that you will perform during the trip, including those that are considered dangerous, such as scuba diving, paragliding and kitesurfing. In addition, these activities associated with motorsports (rallies, raids, water skis, snowmobiles, etc.), require special insurance coverage.

If you are traveling abroad, it is recommended that you first consult with the travel advice in the destination country and be prepared for travel with accident and liability insurance.

In general, medical care abroad is not covered by Spain’s social security system, a private health insurance company in Spain or the policy that you take with a credit card when you purchase a ticket.

The European health insurance card allows beneficiaries to access national health systems in the European Economic Area and Switzerland on the same terms as nationals of these countries. So, if there is an addition or compensation in the state system, you will be taken care of.

In addition, it is recommended to take out travel insurance covering these events and others that may occur before or during your trip:

• The flight or connection has flown by. Keep in mind that some airlines do not support or support the cost of missed connecting flights due to delays or cancellations.
• Family emergencies or unforeseen circumstances that require early return.
• Vol.
• Lost or damaged baggage or late arrival of your luggage.
Remember that neither the embassy nor the consulate are responsible for medical or travel expenses.

Travel to participate in assistance projects
If you are traveling to a developing country, whether as a guardian or to participate in an assistance or volunteer project, it is strongly recommended that

• Get detailed information about the destination country and read the recommendations for travel.
• They take measures to protect themselves, which are recommended for Spanish residents in the country.
• You will receive information on organizational units and projects implemented by AECID (the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation) or by diplomatic missions in Spain.

Organizations that promote certain caring and volunteer types of tourism often do not formally register and provide no security or support to those who travel with them.

Excursions for minors
Travel with underage minors and their use is subject to certain restrictions. Cross-border policy, both inside and outside the Schengen area, has a special mandate to pay special attention to minors, regardless of whether they travel independently or not.

In case of movement of minors alone, border guards have the right to study travel documents so that minors do not leave the country against the will of persons exercising parental authority.

If minors travel with other persons, border guards can request documents confirming the parental rights of the escort or persons signing the permit so that the minor can travel with another adult. In addition, if a minor is accompanied by only one parent, the explicit consent of the absent parent may be required or further investigation may be conducted if it is suspected that the detention of a minor has been illegally removed from the parent.

In general, if a minor travels alone with one or more parents or third parties, we recommend:

• express the consent of the parent, absent parent or person legally exercising parental authority,
• Accept normal travel documents (passport or national identifier, if applicable)
• Obtain documentation that indicates the pedigree and parental rights and, if applicable, the country of destination.

The requirement of the type of authorization and the circumstances in which it is required varies considerably depending on the country of destination and the local legislation and practice. If in doubt, contact the embassy or consulate of the country of destination.

Share :

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

nineteen − six =